Regenerative Medicine including Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is
the treatment of choice for professional athletes.
An injury can easily end the athletic career of an amateur, Olympian, or Professional athlete. Regenerative medicine has evolved as a treatment of choice to help enhance the body’s own natural healing capabilities, without the risks of radical surgery.
Regenerative medicine has been shown to accelerate the healing process and augment the degree of healing. With a college scholarship, World Series, or Super Bowl on the line, athletes require access to the most advanced treatments available. That is why all of the following athletes chose Regenerative Medicine to get them back in the game.
The following are some professional athletes who have used Regenerative Medicine to treat their injuries. PRP was a treatment of choice to improve and speed up the healing process and in some cases helped to evade radical surgery. Regenerative Medicine has saved several professional athletic careers.
- Alex Rodriguez – “A-Rod,” retired All-Star – Read more.
- Garret Richards, pitcher for Los Angeles Angels – Read more.
- Travis d’Arnaud, catcher for New York Mets – Read more.
- Daniel Murphy, infielder for New York Mets – Read more.
- Asdrubal Cabrera, shortstop for New York Mets – Read more.
- Stephen Strassburg, pitcher for Washington Nationals – Read more.
- Aaron Nola, pitcher for Philadelphia Phillies – Read more.
- Angel Pagan, center fielder for San Francisco Giants – Read more.
- Danny Salazar, pitcher for Cleveland Indians – Read more.
- Koji Uehara, pitcher for Boston Red Sox, then signed with Chicago Cubs after PRP – Read more.
- Kobe Bryant, retired All-Star – Read more.
- Stephen Curry, guard for Golden State Warriors – Read more.
- D’Angelo Russell, guard with Los Angeles Lakers – Read more.
- Jerryd Bayless, Philadelphia 76ers – Read more.
- Isaiah Thomas, point guard for Boston Celtics – Read more.
- Reggie Jackson, point guard for Detroit Pistons – Read more.
- Hines Ward, Pittsburgh Steelers – Read more.
- Peyton Manning – Read more.
- Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers – Read more.
However, you don’t have to be a professional athlete or Hollywood Elite to have access to regenerative medicine. For over 20 years, Midwest Interventional Spine Specialists has been dedicated to serving the Northwest Indiana community with the most progressive and minimally invasive treatments for pain. Through our Regenerative Medicine division – Midwest Regenerative Medicine Associates – Our Board Certified Physicians can now provide this cutting-edge treatment to the Northwest Indiana Community and neighboring Illinois communities.