The Expert Diagnostic Assessment Program™
Many conditions that cause chronic pain can be extremely difficult to accurately diagnose. And when the real source of your problem is not pinpointed, you can end up enduring many different treatments without finding real, lasting relief.
At Midwest Interventional Spine Specialists (M.I.S.S.), we are committed to getting to the root of your pain. We provide the highly targeted and highly effective solutions you need. That’s why we developed our Expert Diagnostic Assessment Program™ (EDAP). Our team of board certified specialists is not content with simply treating the symptoms of your pain. Instead, they delve deeper – combining specialized expertise with the most powerful diagnostic techniques available.
Your care starts with a thorough, personalized evaluation
Our diagnostic approach for each new patient includes:
- A questionnaire to gather detailed information about the nature and extent of your pain, prior treatments and surgeries, individual and family medical history and social/family circumstances
- A psychological questionnaire (evaluated by an outside expert)
- Evaluation of records of all prior diagnostic studies, reports and films (i.e., MRI, CT scans, x-rays, etc)
- A consultation with our board certified pain specialists to gather more details about your pain and address your questions and concerns
- A comprehensive physical exam
- A personal discussion of all findings and treatment recommendations